The Scheme, introduced by the government, is available to all children under the age of 6, permanently living in Ireland.
You will need to sign up online by visiting www.gpvisitcard.ie and select Abbey Medical Centre or Dr Edel Twomey, Dr Eoin Curtin or Dr Finbar Fitzpatrick.
Once we have been notified by the HSE, we will endeavour to accept you onto our panel within as short a timeframe as possible.
While the Under 6 GP scheme covers most routine needs of your child, it doesn’t cover non-medical tasks that have often been carried out by your GP.
While these can still be facilitated, if needed, they will now incur a Fee, even if you are otherwise covered by the Under 6 Free GP Care Scheme.
Here is a non-exhaustive list of items not covered, as suggested by the H.S.E
- Travel vaccinations, Paediatric phlebotomy,
- Passport / identity reports / letters, Crèche reports,
- Utilities reports / letters, Insurance medicals / reports,
- School attendance notes / certificates, Sports medicals / reports,
- Letters in support of applications for services under the Social Welfare Acts (Housing, Clothing etc).